March 23 2017
A deep CNN is used for vehicle detection, orientation, and 3D location tasks, beating out current standards for these tasks. With self-driving cars around the corner, having models which can effectively identify other vehicles on the road is paramount.
Identifying a specific object in an image has been a difficult task, with model accuracies being in the ~20% range. By using both spatial and temporal context, this new deep RL model is able to move a bounding-box around an image until it identifies the desired object with much higher accuracy on standard datasets such as RefCOCO (48.19%) and RefCOCOg (29.04%).
Medical datasets are notoriously small making it difficult to use modern deep learning techniques which rely on large amounts of data. This paper showcases that a deep network pre-trained on ImageNet, and then re-trained on a much smaller dataset provides strong results for melanoma screenings.
March 22 2017
Outperforming best results on the CK+, MMI, and Oulu-CASIA databases, this deep generative-contrastive network attempts to mimic the way human brains observe facial expressions.
Using a soft attention mechanism and a novel training method, you can create an RL agent that can learn from a few demonstartions of a task and then perform variants of that task!
New state of the art on the Transient Attributes Database. Integrate conditional GANs and gradient-based methods to generate high-resolution natural images.
March 21 2017
Training data for cross-media retrieval models is either lacking in diversity or written in formal language that does not match realistic applications. Twitter100k is a new large-scale dataset that addresses these issues and allows you to train your model on realistic data!
When developing ML models with real-world impacts (such as loan lending or predictive policing), it is important to take into account the different social biases that may arise towards individuals of a particular race, gender, or sexuality and compensate for these biases effectively. The Counterfactual Fairness model attempts to do just that.
Need a simple and flexible model that gives competitive results out-of-the-box? Try Mask R-CNN. An extension of Faster R-CNN, this network beats top results on all three tracks on the COCO suit of challenges.
March 20 2017
Combine reinforcement learning techniques with GANs to improve image captioning.
Capturing markers for disease progression can be hindered by a limited vocabulary of known markers, and explicitly discovering/identifying these markers is time consuming. Instead, the authors propose a GAN to learn a manifold and teach it to score anomalies!
Relational Graph Convolutional Networks (R-GCNs) can be used for link prediction and entry classification much more efficiently than walk-based models for statistical relational learning. Ensure that your large relational database isn’t missing any data!
March 17 2017
Most networks aimed towards studying graphs are limited by the size of the graph itself. SAENs (Shift Aggregate Extract Networks) are a novel technique that utilize a deep hierarchical network to break this barrier and allow learning on much larger graphs, especially those with high connectivity like social networks!
Thinking of building a security critical app with Machine Learning at it’s core? This paper explores the overlap between current ML security problems and existing techniques used in the digital watermark space. Stay safe!
March 16 2017
The authors use standard convolutional neural networks and a “cropped training strategy” (sliding input windows) to reach accuracies similar to state-of-the-art algorithms.
State Of The Art Results
- Apr 25 End to End Module Networks
- Apr 13 General Approach to Real World Text Extraction
- Apr 13 MAGAN, Better than BEGAN
- Apr 12 New SOTA for VQA 1.0
- Apr 11 Predicting Recomendations with TransNets
- Apr 7 Use Machine Learning to Write Your Code For You
- Apr 5 Build A Faster Image Search
- Apr 5 2D to 3D Depth in Noisy Environments
- Apr 4 New State of The Art on Keyphrase Boundary Classification
- Apr 4 New State of the Art In Semantic Role Labeling
- Apr 21 SREFI: Synthesis of Realistic Example Face Images
- Apr 15 Neural Paraphrase Identification of Questions with Noisy Pretraining
- Apr 13 3d Point Cloud Dataset and Benchmark
- Apr 10 Loss Max-Pooling for Semantic Image Segmentation
- Apr 9 BigHand2.2M Benchmark: Hand Pose Dataset and State of the Art Analysis
- Apr 6 A Low Altitude Geo-Referenced Drone Dataset
- Apr 3 Auto-Encode Your Way to Realistic Images
- Mar 21 Boost Your Cross-Media Retrieval Process with Twitter100k
- Mar 21 Counterfactual Fairness: Combat the Inherent Social Biases of Your Dataset
- Apr 24 Accelerated Nearest Neighbor Search with Quick ADC
- Apr 24 Consistency of community detection in multi-layer networks using spectral and matrix factorization methods
- Apr 24 A Saddle Point Approach to Structured Low-rank Matrix Learning in Large-scale Applications
- Apr 24 Detecting and Recognizing Human-Object Interactions
- Apr 24 A Trie-Structured Bayesian Model for Unsupervised Morphological Segmentation
- Apr 24 Accurate Optical Flow via Direct Cost Volume Processing
- Apr 24 Elite Bases Regression: A Real-time Algorithm for Symbolic Regression
- Apr 24 A Real-time Hand Gesture Recognition and Human-Computer Interaction System
- Apr 24 Measuring the Accuracy of Object Detectors and Trackers
- Apr 24 Joint Modeling of Text and Acoustic-Prosodic Cues for Neural Parsing
- Apr 24 Fast PET reconstruction using Multi-scale Fully Convolutional Neural Networks
- Apr 24 Supervised Adversarial Networks for Image Saliency Detection
- Apr 24 Automatic Liver Lesion Segmentation Using A Deep Convolutional Neural Network Method
- Apr 24 Learning from Comparisons and Choices
- Apr 24 Entropic Trace Estimates for Log Determinants
- Apr 24 Turing at SemEval-2017 Task 8: Sequential Approach to Rumour Stance Classification with Branch-LSTM
- Apr 24 What is the Essence of a Claim? Cross-Domain Claim Identification
- Apr 24 Reinforcement Learning Based Dynamic Selection of Auxiliary Objectives with Preserving of the Best Found Solution
- Apr 24 Stochastic Constraint Programming as Reinforcement Learning
- Apr 24 Monocular Visual Odometry with a Rolling Shutter Camera